Making

My dollshouse

The 1/12 scale Georgian dollshouse I built from scratch in the 2015

Dollshouse-facade.jpg
My dollshouse facade

In my life I had tried several times to build a dollhouse: a first attempt then abandoned in adolescence, a second successful when my daughters were little girls, even if it was a toy version. But building a model of a miniature house, like a collector’s house, had remained an unexpressed dream. Until in 2015 I decided to buy a project for a Georgian house and I started my work. I then built the house in plywood, while for doors, windows and stairs I availed myself of ready-made material to paint. I have molded roof tiles one by one with the DAS clay. Floors and wallpaper are images taken from the web, printed and glued (on the floors I then passed some glossy paint). I bought some furniture ready in 1/12 scale, but the most of them come from a preformed plywood kit. At that time there were in my city fablabs equipped with laser cutting machines and 3D printers, otherwise I think I would have gone there. Some furniture I built from scratch. I made by hand all sanitary pieces for the bathroom, with cernit and copper. I made stoves with DAS clay. I embroidered carpets with cross-stitched. I sewed (by hand or with the sewing machine) dresses, curtains, pillows and bed sets.  I personally made baskets and hats while the polimer clay was a great help for: food, frames, accessories, toys, other furniture. All this work took 3 months.

Below the ready house:

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

La casa georgiana in scala 1/12 che ho costruito per intero nel 2015

Nel corso della mia vita avevo provato più volte a costruire una casa di bambole: un primo tentativo poi abbandonato nell’adolescenza, un secondo ben riuscito quando le mie figlie erano bambine, anche se si trattava di una versione giocattolo. Costruire però un modello di casa in miniatura, di quelle da collezionisti, era rimasto un sogno inespresso. Fin quando nel 2015 ho deciso di acquistare un progetto per una casa Georgiana e ho iniziato la mia opera. Ho quindi costruito la casa in multistrato, mentre per le porte, le finestre e le scale mi sono avvalsa di materiale già pronto, da dipingere. Le tegole le ho modellate una per una col DAS, pavimenti e carta da parati sono immagini prese dal web, stampate e incollate (sui pavimenti ho poi passato della vernice lucida. Ho acquistato alcuni mobili già pronti in scala 1/12, ma la maggior parte di essi derivano da kit di compensato pre sagomato. A quel tempo non esistevano nella mia città fablab con tagliatrice laser e stampante 3D, altrimenti credo che mi sarei rivolta a loro. Alcuni mobili li ho costruiti per intero. Tutti i pezzi sanitari per il bagno li ho realizzati a mano col cernit e il rame. Le stufe le ho realizzate con DAS. I tappeti li ho ricamati prersonalmente a punto a croce. Abiti, tende, cuscini e corredi da letto li ho cuciti a mano o con la macchina da cucire. Ho realizzato personalmente tutta la cesteria e i cappelli mentre il cernit è stato un valido aiuto per: cibi, cornici, accessori, giocattoli, altri mobili. In tutto ho impiegato 3 mesi.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/odaGbzRlCpfZDcxN2

https://photos.app.goo.gl/h2TN8DLiRjXrWYaJ3

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.